The third quarter of 2015 arrived without my even noticing it, until it suddenly got cold and felt like winter. I finished 15 books during these past 3 months, which boosts the year-total to 39, well on my way to reach 50. That said, two international trips are coming up that could slow down the progress. Will see.
Here is the list for 2015 Q3:
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag
- Bloody Crimes: The Chase for Jefferson Davis and the Death Pageant for Lincoln’s Corpse by James Swanson
- Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart: Thirty True Things You Need to Know Now by Gordon Livingston
- The Black Box by Michael Connelly
- Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace… One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
- Invisible Prey by John Sandford
- An Edible History of Humanity by Tom Standage
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- After I’m Gone by Laura Lippman
- The Collectors by David Baldacci
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Born To Run by James Grippando
- Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller
- Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds by Carmine Gallo
Six of these books are from the shelves at home, and I decided to get rid of three (2, 4, and 13). I have a Chinese copy of 14 and decided to keep it even though I don’t really like the book.
This list spans quite wide on the bad-to-great spectrum. My top three are 1, 9, and 12; and bottom three are 6, 13, and 14. Most of the books on this list are enjoyable.
I will only need to finish 11 more books in the next three months to reach 50 for the year. It shouldn’t be too difficult, I hope!