My year 2015 has been quite busy and productive, although I didn’t accomplish all the goals I set out in this post at the beginning of the year:
- Read 45 books, at least 12 of them have to be from my book shelves at home. Done. I finished 50 books and 17 of them are from shelves. Check out my book reports for details.
- Visit at least 3 new countries and 2 new National Parks. Done. I visited Denmark, Sweden, and Norway; Everglades, Biscayne, and Dry Tortugas National Parks.
- Join a gym and swim twice a week, try to add in one class as well. Partially done. I did join a gym on Feb 8th, but fell short of swimming twice a week (I went 45 times, average once a week). Didn’t do classes but walked 7,000 steps a day on average.
- Publish at least 50 posts on this blog. Not done – only posted 28 posts.
- Do at least 5 paintings. Small exercise pieces don’t count. Not done – only did one painting.
- Learn to cook at least 3 new dishes that I feel comfortable sharing with others. Not done – might have cooked new dishes but nothing to share. 🙂
Even so, I still feel great about this past year. Lots of new and exciting experiences. Here is a brief travelogue:
- January. Southern Florida; Secaucus, NJ (work)
- March. St. Michaels, MD; Cheasapeake, VA
- May. Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden, Norway)
- July. New England, Quebec City, Montreal
- August. New York City, NY (work)
- October. Paris; London (work)
- November. Beijing
- December. New Orleans, LA; Lancaster, PA
Now here are my goals for 2016, more realistic than the 2015 goals, I think:
- Read 50 books
- Visit 5 new countries
- Swim 80 times (average 1.5 times a week)
- Publish 50 blog posts (on Saturdays)
- Lose 5 pounds
I am looking forward to a better year ahead – work, read, write, travel, exercise, learn, enjoy.