My year 2016 has been quite busy and productive, although I didn’t accomplish all the goals I set out at the beginning of the year:
- Read 50 books. Done. I finished 50 books and here are the book reports: Q1; Q2; Q3; Q4. Interestingly, the average length of this year (2016)’s books is 343 pages, almost the same as last year (2015)’s 342. In both years the longest book I read was by Stephen King.
- Visit 5 new countries. Done. I actually visited 8 new countries: Netherlands, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia.
- Swim 80 times (average 1.5 times a week). Partially done. I swam 50 times, average once a week. But I started doing Hot Yoga this year and attended classes in a studio 7 times. On average I walked 5,080 steps a day, falling short of last year’s 7,000.
- Publish 50 blog posts (on Saturdays). Not done – only posted 18 posts, even fewer than last year’s 28.
- Lose 5 pounds. Not done – my weight at the end of the year was the same as the beginning of the year. At least I didn’t gain pounds.
Seems only the travel and reading goals were accomplished, same as last year. It is a clear indication of where my passion is. 🙂 Here is this year’s travelogue:
- January. New York City, NY (work); Cruise on Windsurf, Caribbean
- April. Charlottesville, VA
- May. San Antonio, TX; Carlsbad, NM
- July. Amsterdam; Belgrade; Montenegro; Dubrovnik; Frankfurt. Trip Brief
- October. New York City, NY (work)
- November. Mystic, CT; New England
Now here are my goals for 2017, not much different from 2016:
- Read 50 books, 20 of which from shelves at home
- Visit 3 new countries
- Swim 80 times (average 1.5 times a week); yoga at home everyday
- Publish 40 blog posts
- Lose 5 pounds
I am looking forward to a better year ahead – closer to God, healthier, happier, wiser…