It is time for another book report, right before I depart for a long trip. My goal this year is to read 50 books, 20 of which from shelves at home. I finished 12 in Q3. According to Goodreads, I am one book behind schedule. Not too bad – still three months left to catch up. 🙂
Here are the books I finished in the third quarter:
- The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
- A Life Observed: A Spiritual Biography of C. S. Lewis by Devin Brown
- Life Reimagined: The Science, Art, and Opportunity of Midlife by Barbara Bradley Hagerty
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel
- Havana Storm by Clive Cussler & Dirk Cussler
- The Cross of Christ by John R.W. Stott
- Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain
- The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan by Robert Kanigel
- 100 Photographs: The Most Influential Images of All Time by The Editors of Time Magazine
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson
Three of these are from shelves at home (behind the goal again). I enjoyed most books on this list. Fictions #1 and #4 are very good; Non-fictions #8, #9, #10, and #12 are really informative, I learned quite a lot from each one.
I need to finish 14 books in the next quarter to reach my goal of 50… Not sure I can accomplish the 20-books-from-shelves goal though, as that requires an impossible 9 in Q4.🙂 Keep reading… till the next report.