My book-reading started slow this year largely due to my mother’s recent visit. At one point I was five books behind schedule in reaching this year’s 50-book goal. I am not complaining though – the quality time we spent together was priceless! I have been catching up this week and managed to finish 10 books in the first quarter. Not bad at all with only two books behind now.
Here are the books I finished so far:
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Police by Jo Nesbø
- Grand Pursuit: A History of Economic Genius by Sylvia Nasar
- The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today by Joel Osteen
- Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age by Sherry Turkle
- Churchill and Orwell: The Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks
- Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
- The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
- The Present: The Secret to Enjoying Your Work and Life, Now! by Spencer Johnson
- The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
A good list of books – I was captured by the characters and stories in the fictions, and learned quite a lot from the non-fictions. Seven out of the ten books were written by authors that I was familiar with and they all met my expectations. And I was glad that I picked up the three books (#5, #6, #7) by new authors.
Looking forward to reading more!